Saturday, January 30, 2010

Kieren McEwan in the (Pool) House

Well Alain Robidoux! The messages are flooding in now as the big day looms large on the Lishman horizon.

The latest telegram comes all the way from Ingol, Prestonia - a certain Kieren McEwan has some great memory's from your school times together it seems!

Hi Pete - great to hear from you and its great news about Alan getting married. How long has he been out in Oz? Isn't it amazing how we're all over the place. I think he wins the contest for the longest distance from Preston competition - I mean I know it's not paradise but surely Preston's not that bad ;-).

Anyway here are a few words to pass on in the scrapbook:

Hi Alan here is a bit of a blast from the old Poole House days. I haven't seen you in quite a while so firstly congratulations on getting hitched. When reflecting back to those old days my overwhelming memory of you was your return from living abroad after hanging out with you and Fleshy and mini Morgan and pestering you to find out all the inappropriate Turkish words you could pass on. You were pretty damned good at swearing in Turkish I remember. I suppose boys will always be boys.

Apart from that I remember us playing footy in the school yards and tennis at Broughton. You always scored some good goals and were too quick for me. When it came to tennis - there were shades of Agassi in your raquet that's for sure. I seem to remember you and Pete making a good doubles partnership but Veg always being the best.

Anyway all the best for your future married life together.

Kieren



I am sure Morgan would love to write a few words as well he knew Alan pretty well at Poole House. So did Andrew Flesh as well. Anyway glad to hear from you and pass on my best wishes to Alan on his big day.

Thanks
Kieren

No comments:

Post a Comment