Friday, March 5, 2010

Penning your story


Aye karumba Monsieur Lishman,

It's amazing how timeth does fly is it noteth? One second we're six weeks before your wedding and with a flick of Greenwich mean time's grandeth switch we're the day before the wedding of the year and one of the biggest days in your life. Who's getting married again? eh? YOOOOOOOOOU! Eeeeeeeek!

Well, at this late stage, who better to dust down those last minute nerves than Miss Belinda Penning - an absolute Goliath of a friend (I speak purely in friendship terms here because she's a god damn beautiful woman too) for you since you switched hemisperes and left English pastures to dock in Sydney Harbour. Take it away Belinda....

Alan,

What to say.....I can still remember the first time I saw you, at Sydney Airport fresh off a 24 hours Korean airlines flight. It was a stinking hot summers day and you had on a hideous polyester football shirt.Skinny, pasty, Northern lad and I remember thinking "good God what has she bought home, that football shirt has definately got to go!"

The next 10 years went by in a flash,- Happy greetings at the airport followed all too quickly with tearful goodbyes.- mornings at Nelison Park and then Cascades, cricket and the couch in the afternoon. (I think I just described my perfect day)- rushing to deposit cash in the bank in Sydney so you could acess money instantely in London- living together at Jensen Ave and Watsons Bay- Christmas in Byron- my first live football game, and what an absolute cracker that was. Only time I've seen you cheer for your adopted home land. "Aloisi"!!!!!- you've seen me through a few boyfriends and one major heart break!

I think it's safe to say we've help each other through many things in life and I can honestly say that I am lucky to have you.It has been a decade of love and laughter, lots of laughter because "I AM HILARIOUS" Looking forward to the next ten years, except the getting older bit!!

B xxx

A very sweet message Belinda, so thanks a million for that. Not sure about this supporting the Aussies malarky Mr Lishman. I guess I'll accept it because I also celebrated that goal. Great to have them at the World Cup. But don't go switching allegiances when it comes to cricket fella. Even if they are miles better than us!

No comments:

Post a Comment