Sunday, February 28, 2010

Less than a week!

Holy shamoooooley Batlishman!

I've just taken a look at the date and the time and it's all telling me that you, my friend, my bestest friend, gulp (wipes eyes with the tissue but realises it's Oceane's dirty underwear - cries more), will (howls with despair and delight), be MAAAAAAAAAAAAARRIED this time next week.

Yes - that's you sunshine - that same boy who strolled into my life aged 12 looking a little bit like the milky boy kid only with a light drizzling of Turkish delight. That same boy who kipped over at my house more times thna my sister and that talk Manchester United to glory upon glory, treble upon treble before Sir Alex Ferguson allbeit it on Championship manager in my loft.

Yes you Des Lishman. The man who broke more hearts and toilets in Tokoyo Jos - the man who terrified Treforest postmen with your letteric wit, the man who died at a Parties Do after downing my dad's bottle of whisky before mysteriously coming back to life, oh yes Mr Robideux the boy who scored 'THAT GOAL' in my back garden (God that sounds wrong) - but it was Cantona-esque. Yes you - the man who was broken by Brown-a at the stag do up the coast just eight days ago.

Mate - it all points to you taken the almighty leap to marry the woman of your dreams. And I don't think one person who knows you both can say anything other than - this is the best thing you'll ever do. The best chance to make the best of your life with a beautiful, stunning, loyal and gloriously nice girl. You two are like the proverbial peas in pod. Two people probably could not be born further away from each other and yet when you're together you could not be closer. Chemistry might have been your weakest subject at school mate but you two have finally naield it here. El Valentino goldinho as they say in Sardinia.

You've got to hand it to Mr Destiny when you he (must be a man, right!) brought together you two crazy kids and decided to create a lifetime of happiness and I am sure a lovely family with your little Lishlets (not to mention Holly).

We're all so happy for you two matie...

I can't wait to be there to hand you that ring and the final seal of approval buddy.

Go get married Tiger!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment