Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Vegging out

Lishmanaldo,

Nigel in typical tongue in cheek mode there. Well, from acting on the small stage, to playing tennis on the greatest stage of all. I bring you Broughton tennis club and who better than the four times Broughton Tennis club under-16s champion - Andrew 'Veg' Paterson esquire with an Agassi-esque top spin forehand of a message.

Hi Pete, Veg here, try this for size, feel free to edit as appropriate (for instance if Don Elliot happens to be at the wedding!):

-----------------------
Hi Alan,

So Pete tells me you're getting married soon, on the other side of the world, congratulations! Who would have predicted *that* when we were still at school, playing tennis at every opportunity and trying to get to one of Jason and Danny's raves whenever we could?

I can safely say we're both better off without Don as our tennis coach, now that I think back to his questionable technique. But I do miss a good tennis match and I rarely have the opportunity to play nowadays what with having swapped sports to play Ultimate frisbee. I'm not sure I really miss travelling to the ever-so-exotic locations we used to visit early on Saturday mornings (Chorley, Woodplumpton, Barton!). However I do remember with fondness our Broughton Junior doubles team set-up: Pete and you invariably paired together, plus me and Paul. I also remember not winning much, but was that ever the point? The main thing is that we had a laugh, something I hope you're still doing nearly twenty years afterwards.

Once more, congratulations from me, and look me up if you're ever around Manchester.

Yours,

Andrew ("Veg")

andrewpaterson77@gmail.com
+447948305954

Thanks Veg. He hasn't lost his touch has he. A legend in every way. Can't believe he left such a talent to rot and took up ultimate frisbee.....

No comments:

Post a Comment