Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Nigel's 'West' view

Lishmario,

Well as one Prestonian finishes his brew, another steps up to the kettle and this time it's none other than your favourite amateur dramatist, Nigel Parsons who was inches away from booking a flight out to Sydney but couldn't seal the deal because of rising flight costs. Anyway....here's his goodluck message.....

Hello Alan - Nigel here!

Sorry I can't be with you on your special day but I have seen the forecast in Preston and it says 5 degrees and rainy so I am going to stay in England and take advantage of the improving weather and hang out here making you jealous. I really wish I was over there for the wedding of the year. Alas I was a little disorganised getting my act together because I am currently in two plays at the Hall Players and flights seem to have rocketed. However, if there's alcohol involved in be there in spirit(s).

Your finest acting performance was always when arriving at the pub
.

I remember well your early acting career which included a creditable performance in Arthur Miller's The Crucible and a less creditable performance as Miss Scarlet in one of our murder mysteries (To be honest we did change the part to Mr Scarlet once we saw you in the dress). You also made one hell of a Lord Mayor bell ringer in one of the better pantomimes which, without doubt, rocketed you to acting fame in the Fulwood area (we still have it on video and I was very tempted to send it to Peter for the wedding).

However your finest acting performance was always your Laurence Olivieresque 'I've accidently left my wallet at home' when arriving at the pub.

Enjoy the day. My thoughts are with you both at this happy time.

Nigel

No comments:

Post a Comment